Legal Assistant - Fredericksburg Office
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle administrative tasks (file opening/closing, fax, file, scan, copy, time entry, billing, order supplies, copier maintenance, reception and phones, etc.).
- Answer customer service questions and process payments.
- Draft correspondence.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, visitors and travel.
- Conduct title searches.
- Assist with delinquent tax sales.
- Notarize documents.
- Communication with county officials and clients.
- Provide litigation support to include: pleading, discovery and exhibit preparation.
- Conduct research using Westlaw, internet, etc.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years legal administrative, title search and/or real estate experience.
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team oriented with ability to work well independently and within a small office environment.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet.
- Must be able to work the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Some travel.
Sands Anderson is a drug-free workplace that offers a competitive compensation/benefits package. Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to: Sands Anderson PC, Attention: Human Resources P.O. Box 1998, Richmond, VA, 23218, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sands Anderson, we provide a comprehensive employee benefits package to full time benefit eligible employees which includes:
Please submit the Employment Application, cover letter, resume & salary history to:
Director of Human Resources
Sands Anderson PC
Post Office Box 1998
Richmond, VA 23218-1998
Direct Phone: (804) 783-7222
Confidential Fax: (804) 783-7295
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and maintains a drug free workplace.