Business Group - Professional Assistant for Trust and Estates
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle administrative tasks to support a group of attorneys within the practice group, aiming toward a higher attorney/staff ratio.
- File opening/closing.
- Open, sort and distribute mail and take appropriate action.
- Fax, file, scan, copy correspondence.
- Fully maintain client files in both paper and electronic format.
- Draft, edit and format documents.
- Heavy transcription/document preparation, including correspondence and legal documents.
- Distribution of final documents as appropriate – mail, Express, email, fax, scan, etc.
- Assist with tasks associated with time entry, billing and collections.
- Answer phones and handle reception relief when needed.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, hearings and court appearances.
- Handle electronic filing to the courts.
- Maintain active file list.
- Maintain client contact list in EXCEL.
- Handle client mailings for business development activities (holiday cards, promotions, etc.).
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Coordinate, set up, clean up conference calls, meetings, programs, seminars, etc.
- Handle meeting and CLE registration.
- Coordinate travel and expense reimbursements.
- Coordinate with administrative departments such as IT, marketing, accounting and HR.
- Handle check requests.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned to support firm, practice group and attorneys.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum 2+ years legal administrative experience.
- Knowledge and experience with business transactions, commercial real estate, mergers and acquisions and estate and tax planning preferred.
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and work quality.
- Team oriented with ability to work well independently and within a small office environment.
- Advanced proficiency using MicroSoft Word including formatting, mail merge, blacklining.
- Proficient computer skills using Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Worldox, ELITE, i-Timekeep, BigHand, PowerPDF, ADP, phone system, video and audio conference calling
- Ability to work a regularly assigned schedule amounting to 37.5 hour per work week with flexibility to work any schedule between the business hours of 8:15 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. as business needs dictate.
- Flexibility and versatility to serve the firm as business needs dictate.
Sands Anderson is a drug-free workplace that offers a competitive compensation/benefits package. Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to: Sands Anderson PC, Attention: Human Resources P.O. Box 1998, Richmond, VA, 23218, e-mail: email@example.com.
At Sands Anderson, we provide a comprehensive employee benefits package to full time benefit eligible employees which includes:
Please submit the Employment Application, cover letter, resume & salary history to:
Director of Human Resources
Sands Anderson PC
Post Office Box 1998
Richmond, VA 23218-1998
Direct Phone: (804) 783-7222
Confidential Fax: (804) 783-7295
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and maintains a drug free workplace.