Sands Anderson PC seeks an experienced Litigation/Nurse Paralegal to handle medical malpractice and complex litigation cases as a member of the Healthcare Group in our McLean office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide paralegal support to attorneys through all phases of healthcare litigation.
- Answer interrogatories.
- Issue subpoenas.
- Manage and organize multiple cases; document collection and productions.
- Obtain, organize, perform comprehensive chart reviews for relevancy and standard of care deviation and summarize medical records.
- Coordinate with experts.
- Assist with preparation of depositions, including gathering and organizing exhibits.
- Assist with trial preparation; exhibit and witness list preparation and organization.
- Perform jury research and obtain medical literature.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate with 3+ years of paralegal experience in litigation, preferably healthcare or personal injury environment.
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology and anatomy.
- Ability to identify and understand issues in case and proactively assist attorneys.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task and reprioritize to accommodate urgent requests.
- Ability to search database programs and assist with organizing, summarizing and/or categorizing documents.
- Exceptional work quality and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and trial practice software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with attorneys, staff, clients and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all Firm and client matters.
- Proven behavior that displays reliability and professionalism.
- Flexibility to work overtime and travel as necessary.
Sands Anderson is a drug-free workplace that offers a competitive compensation/benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA 23218