Sands Anderson PC seeks an experienced Paralegal to support our Employment and Litigation Groups. This position will office in our Williamsburg location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal support on labor and employment law and general litigation matters.
- Draft legal correspondence.
- Coordinate Affirmative Action Plan submissions.
- Draft, edit and review Employee Handbooks.
- Manage and organize multiple document intensive cases.
- Prepare pleadings and discovery responses.
- Answer interrogatories and issue subpoenas.
- Obtain, organize and summarize medical records and pertinent information.
- Coordinate with experts.
- Assist with preparation of depositions, including gathering and organizing exhibits and scheduling.
- Assist with trial preparation; file, exhibit and witness list preparation and organization.
- Prepare and process electronic case filing.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate.
- 3+ years of paralegal experience in employment, litigation, or personal injury environment.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to search electronic database programs and assist with organizing, summarizing and/or categorizing documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, document management and trial support software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact with support staff and attorneys at every level.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates behavior that displays reliability and professionalism.
- Ability to offer trial support, including travel and overtime.
Sands Anderson is a drug free workplace.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218