Sands Anderson PC, a dynamic law firm comprised of 125+ top tier assets, is seeking a detail-oriented Payroll/Benefits Specialist to take responsibility for administering the activities related to firm payroll, benefits and HRIS processing.
Duties and Responsibilities – Payroll
- Process semi-monthly payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees; including reviewing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources team to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
- Respond to employment verifications and unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
- Administer time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities – Benefits
- Administer employee benefit programs, including enrollments and terminations.
- Fulfill all governmental regulatory mandates and ensure filings are performed as required.
- Administer annual open enrollment period, including preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials.
- Plan, conduct and report results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with Accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.)
- Address benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions.
- Process monthly billings from providers.
- Review billings for accuracy and submit for payment in a timely manner.
- Resolve discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Coordinate with third party administrator to manage life and disability claims according to the plan.
- Administer COBRA enrollments/changes.
- Process workers compensation claims.
- Maintain complete electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files.
- Coordinate pre-employment paperwork and processes.
- Prepare statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, performance management, demographic data and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines. Assist to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Generate files/reports such as the EEO1/Vets 100, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience; CEBS, CPP and/or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- At least 3+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required.
- Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with ADP preferred.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Exceptional time management, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Proven ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, ability to provide excellent customer service a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218