Sands Anderson PC is strategically working to expand our Business Group and seeks an attorney(s) with experience in Commercial Real Estate, Common Interest Communities, and Community Associations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Loans:
- Draft and negotiate purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, deeds, leases, etc. for commercial real estate transactions.
- Coordinate and direct the review, management, and preparation of acquisition documentation for commercial real estate acquisition and sale.
- Organize and review due diligence, monitor contingencies, review, and prepare title objections, survey and environmental reviews, closing documents and wire transfers.
- Conduct closings and complete post-closing documentation and administration.
- Review and monitor agreements with developers, approval of conditions required prior to draw loan disbursement and developer payment
- Draft and review initial documentation, obtain approvals, modified documents as necessary and coordinate document execution.
- Review and analyze title policies, exceptions, and surveys. Coordinate and direct the review, management, and preparation of and acquisition documentation.
- Review, draft, and negotiate easements, land use agreements, and service contracts for landowners, managers, and service providers.
- Coordinate, review, manage, negotiate, and prepare commercial leases, lease amendments and Common Area Maintenance clauses.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of landlords to commercial tenants’ management and counsel relating to claims, defenses, and other disputes arising under lease agreements.
Common Interest Communities and Community Associations:
- Draft condominium instruments for commercial, residential, and mixed-use projects and oversee the registration of new residential condominiums with the Common Interest Community Board of Virginia.
- Draft declarations and governing documents for common interest communities and community associations. Manage and negotiate vendor and employment contracts.
- Advise developers and community associations on all aspects of development, operation and corporate governance of common interest communities and community associations.
- Effectively organize and maintain and monitor case and client files.
- 6-10 years job experience as an attorney with commercial real estate, common interest communities, community associations and/or transactional experience.
- Willingness to pitch in and support growing department in a fast-paced growing environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Proven ability to manage strict deadlines under significant time pressure
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of clients
- Technical drafting proficiency
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter, resume, & salary requirements in confidence to:
Janet Broadway, Director of Human Resources
Sands Anderson PC
P.O. Box 1998, Richmond, VA 23218
EOE, Drug Free Workplace