Sands Anderson seeks a Professional Assistant in the Litigation Group at the firm’s Richmond office.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle administrative tasks to support a group of attorneys within the practice group
- File opening/closing
- Open, sort and distribute mail and take appropriate action
- Fax, file, scan, copy correspondence
- Fully maintain client files in both paper and electronic format
- Draft, edit and format documents
- Document preparation, including correspondence and legal documents
- Distribution of final documents as appropriate – mail, Express,email, fax, scan, etc.
- Assist with tasks associated with time entry, billing and collections
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, hearings and court appearances
- Handle electronic filing to the courts
- Maintain active file list
- Maintain client contact list in EXCEL
- Handle client mailings for business development activities (holiday cards, promotions,etc.)
- Prepare presentation materials
- Coordinate, set up, clean up conference calls, meetings, programs, seminars, etc.
- Handle meeting and CLE registration
- Coordinate travel and expense reimbursements
- Coordinate with administrative departments such as IT, marketing, accounting and HR
- Handle check requests
- Other duties as necessary and assigned to support firm, practice group and attorneys
Skills and Education Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum 3+ years legal administrative experience.
- Knowledge of litigation experience preferred.
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and work quality.
- Team oriented with ability to work well independently and within a small office environment.
- Advanced proficiency using MicroSoft Word including formatting, mail merge, blacklining.
- Proficient computer skills using Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Worldox, RIPPE, i-Timekeep, BigHand, PowerPDF, ADP, phone system, video and audio conference calling.
- Ability to work a regularly assigned schedule amounting to 37.5 hour per work week with flexibility to work any schedule between the business hours of 8:15 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. as business needs dictate.
- Flexibility and versatility to serve the firm afterhours as business needs dictate.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218