Sands Anderson PC is strategically working to expand our Litigation Group and seeks an attorney(s) with experience in complex civil litigation. This is an ideal position for an associate wanting more case management responsibility, client interaction, and autonomy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day responsibility to manage litigation case files in the following areas: transportation, premises liability, products liability, insurance coverage, torts, business litigation, contracts
- Generate defense strategies
- Manage and participate in the discovery process
- Manage client expectations and work within billing guidelines
- Handle depositions, court appearances, mediations, trials
- Member “In Good Standing” with Virginia State Bar
- 6-10 years job experience as an attorney with civil litigation; clerkship experience preferred
- Proven research and writing skills
- Proven case management skills
- Ability to think critically and collaborate
- Ability to problem solve
- Willingness to pitch in and support growing department in a fast-paced growing environment
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines under significant time pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of clients
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter, resume, & salary requirements in confidence to:
Janet Broadway, Director of Human Resources
Sands Anderson PC
P.O. Box 1998, Richmond, VA 23218
EOE, Drug Free Workplace