Sands Anderson PC seeks an experienced paraprofessional to support our Trusts and Estates practice team.
This position includes billable substantive client work and administrative support for the team, and promises substantial client contact, autonomy, and a great potential to enhance and broaden your skills/knowledge in the fields of trusts and estates planning and administration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and communicate directly with sophisticated clients on estate planning matters.
- Draft standard estate planning forms and other legal documents (power of attorney, wills, court petitions, resignations, etc.).
- Administer decedents’ estates, including the preparation of fiduciary accountings and estates tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Facilitate trust administrations.
- Prepare probate petitions, Inventories and Administration Accounts.
- Create valuation reports for securities.
- Assist with sale and transfer of assets, including real estate.
- Prepare various Probate filings and prepare attorney for court proceedings.
- Schedule and manage court filings in timely manner.
- Maintain and balance Estate & Trust checkbooks.
- Prepare Receipts and Releases in connection with distributions from an estate or trust.
- Handle practice management duties such as: file opening, conflicts checks, file management
- Handle client billing
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in trusts and estates planning & administration work.
- Experience with recording billable time
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite, Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Ability to identify and understand issues in case and proactively assist attorneys.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task and reprioritize to accommodate urgent requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with attorneys, staff, clients, and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all Firm and client matters.
- Proven behavior that displays reliability and professionalism.
About Sands Anderson PC
Sands Anderson PC is a Mid-Atlantic law firm that guides clients with united support for their complete legal needs. As a consultative ally, we represent businesses, government entities, insurance companies, healthcare organizations, and individuals from our six offices located throughout Virginia and in North Carolina. We are a true team of legal professionals committed to a collaborative and inclusive workplace, as well as well as supporting the economic growth of the communities where we operate.
At Sands Anderson, our support and administrative staff are the backbone of our client-focused service. We appreciate our employee’s efforts and encourage them to grow their careers within the firm. We provide our administrative staff with the technology and resources they need to work efficiently, and leadership who are available to help ensure a collaborative, team-based environment.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218