Sands Anderson PC seeks an experienced paraprofessional to support our Education Law team.
This position includes substantial client contact, autonomy, and a great potential to enhance and broaden your skills/knowledge in the field of Education Law.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate directly with school law clientele
- Handle practice management duties such as: file opening, conflicts checks, file management
- Handle client billing process
- Document preparation, including correspondence and basic legal documents
- Electronic case filing
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and due process hearings
- Maintain case charts and track case progress in the areas of due process hearings, OCR complaints and state complaints
- Assist with administrative duties associated with monthly webinar series
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience.
- Experience/interest in education preferred.
- Excellent client service and communication skills both verbally and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite, Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Ability to proactively assist attorneys.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task and reprioritize to accommodate urgent requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with attorneys, staff, clients, and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all Firm and client matters.
- Proven behavior that displays reliability and professionalism.
About Sands Anderson PC
Sands Anderson PC is a Mid-Atlantic law firm that guides clients with united support for their complete legal needs. As a consultative ally, we represent businesses, government entities, insurance companies, healthcare organizations, and individuals from our six offices located throughout Virginia and in North Carolina. We are a true team of legal professionals committed to a collaborative and inclusive workplace, as well as well as supporting the economic growth of the communities where we operate.
At Sands Anderson, our support and administrative staff are the backbone of our client-focused service. We appreciate our employee’s efforts and encourage them to grow their careers within the firm. We provide our administrative staff with the technology and resources they need to work efficiently, and leadership who are available to help ensure a collaborative, team-based environment.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218