Sands Anderson PC seeks an experienced Litigation Paralegal to support our Litigation Group in our downtown Richmond office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft legal correspondence.
- Manage and organize multiple document intensive cases.
- Document collection and productions.
- Prepare pleadings and discovery responses.
- Answer interrogatories and issue subpoenas.
- Obtain, organize and summarize medical records and pertinent information.
- Coordinate with experts.
- Assist with preparation of depositions, including gathering and organizing exhibits and scheduling.
- Assist with trial preparation; file, exhibit and witness list preparation and organization.
- Prepare and process electronic case filing.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate.
- 3+ years of paralegal experience in litigation, personal injury, product liability and/or aviation environment.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to search electronic database programs and assist with organizing, summarizing and/or categorizing documents.
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and trial support software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact with support staff and attorneys at every level.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates behavior that displays reliability and professionalism.
- Ability to offer trial support, including travel and overtime.
About Sands Anderson PC
Sands Anderson PC is a Mid-Atlantic law firm that guides clients with united support for their complete legal needs. As a consultative ally, we represent businesses, government entities, insurance companies, healthcare organizations, and individuals from our six offices located throughout Virginia and in North Carolina. We are a true team of legal professionals committed to a collaborative and inclusive workplace, as well as well as supporting the economic growth of the communities where we operate.
At Sands Anderson, our support and administrative staff are the backbone of our client-focused service. We appreciate our employee’s efforts and encourage them to grow their careers within the firm. We provide our administrative staff with the technology and resources they need to work efficiently, and leadership who are available to help ensure a collaborative, team-based environment.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218