Sands Anderson PC is seeking a strong Legal Assistant/Paralegal to work in our Williamsburg office. This role will support three attorneys who handle healthcare, real estate and trust and estates matters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- File opening/closing.
- Open, sort and distribute mail and take appropriate action.
- Fax, file, scan, copy correspondence.
- Fully maintain client files in both paper and electronic format.
- Draft, edit, format, and fully prepare correspondence and legal documents.
- Distribution of final documents as appropriate – mail, Express, email, fax, scan, etc.
- Assist with tasks associated with time entry, billing, and collections.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, hearings, and court appearances.
- Handle electronic filing to the courts.
- Maintain active file list.
- Maintain client contact list in EXCEL.
- Handle client mailings for business development activities (holiday cards, promotions, etc.).
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Coordinate, set up, clean up conference calls, meetings, programs, seminars.
- Handle meeting and CLE registration.
- Coordinate travel and expense reimbursements.
- Coordinate with administrative departments such as IT, marketing, accounting, and HR.
- Handle check requests.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned to support firm, practice group and attorneys.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent education and/or experience. College degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years legal administrative experience, trusts and estates experience preferred.
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and work quality.
- Team oriented with ability to work well independently and within a small office environment.
- Advanced proficiency using MicroSoft Word including formatting, mail merge, blacklining.
- Proficient computer skills using Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, NetDocs, Kingston & Rippe, i-Timekeep, BigHand, Nuance PowerPDF, ADP, MicroSoft Teams, video and audio conference calling.
- Ability to work a regularly assigned schedule amounting to 37.5 hour per work week with flexibility to work any schedule between the business hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. as business needs dictate.
- Flexibility and versatility to serve the firm as business needs dictate.
About Sands Anderson PC
Sands Anderson PC is a Mid-Atlantic law firm that guides clients with united support for their complete legal needs. As a consultative ally, we represent businesses, government entities, insurance companies, healthcare organizations, and individuals from our six offices located throughout Virginia and in North Carolina. We are a true team of legal professionals committed to a collaborative and inclusive workplace, as well as well as supporting the economic growth of the communities where we operate.
At Sands Anderson, our support and administrative staff are the backbone of our client-focused service. We appreciate our employee’s efforts and encourage them to grow their careers within the firm. We provide our administrative staff with the technology and resources they need to work efficiently, and leadership who are available to help ensure a collaborative, team-based environment.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218