Sands Anderson PC seeks an experienced paraprofessional to support our Trusts and Estates practice team in Richmond, VA. This position includes billable substantive client work and administrative support for the team, and promises substantial client contact, autonomy, and a great potential to enhance and broaden your skills/knowledge in the fields of trusts and estates planning and administration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and communicate directly with clients on estate planning matters.
- Assist in preparation of standard estate planning forms and other legal documents (power of attorney, court petitions, resignations, etc.).
- Assist in administration of decedents’ estates, including the preparation of probate forms and related documents.
- Facilitate trust administrations.
- Schedule and manage probate and court filings in timely manner.
- Maintain and balance Estate & Trust checkbooks.
- Prepare Receipts and Releases in connection with distributions from an estate or trust.
- Handle practice management duties such as: file opening, conflicts checks, file management
- Assist with client billing
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in trusts and estates planning & administration work.
- Experience with recording billable time
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite, Internet research skills, document management
systems, time entry software.
- Ability to identify and understand issues in case and proactively assist attorneys.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task and reprioritize to
accommodate urgent requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with attorneys, staff, clients, and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all Firm and client matters.
- Proven behavior that displays reliability and professionalism.
Sands Anderson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sands Anderson PC
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1998
Richmond, VA, 23218