The insurance industry is expansive and nuanced, and brings a swath of legal responsibilities that include litigation, legislation, and regulatory matters. Our goal is to help our insurance clients avoid gaps or unnecessary challenges in legal requirements. We’ll help you proactively address any needs you have today while working to avoid detrimental legal outcomes tomorrow.
Our attorneys collaborate from different practice areas to provide complete support. We have deep experience navigating the legal needs of providers in life, health, property, and casualty insurance. We also support individuals and businesses who seek a keen eye when addressing insurance needs.
In each step, you have the ability to voice your perspectives, ask questions, and deepen your insights. In addition, our insurance attorneys can serve as the statutory registered agent for a number of insurance carriers, depending our ability to support you.
With nimble counsel, we can represent insurance companies in both advisory and advocacy roles during litigation. We are further adept at handling all types of litigation involving companies, including cases such as:
- Accidental Death or Bodily Injury
- Application of Virginia’s Slayer Statute and Related Common Law Rule
- Bad Faith
- Claims of Waiver and/or Estoppel by the Agent and/or Insurer
- Lapse for Nonpayment of Premiums
- Material Misrepresentations by the Insured
- Overseas Death Claims
- Stop Loss Provisions
- Total and Permanent Disability
We have deep experience working with the General Assembly of Virginia and numerous state regulatory agencies and commissions, such as the State Corporation Commission and its Bureau of Insurance. As a result, we’ve developed substantial knowledge to help our clients to navigate a full range of legal responsibilities associated with these agencies and commissions.
We commonly support our clients during the following experiences:
- Approval of Insurance Products Drafting and Filing
- Cancellation and Non-Renewal of Insureds and Agents
- Company Admissions
- Company and Agent Licensing
- Complaints and Investigations
- Formation of New Companies
- Legislative Strategies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Rate Filings
- Regulatory Matters
- Support Lobbying Before General Assembly of Virginia
Whether you seek active lobbying representation, help navigating ERISA, or more, we’re ready to support your success and help you come out ahead.