Sands Anderson can serve your legal needs with steadfast, thorough and attentive guidance in all aspects of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights law.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in both financial reorganizations, whether accomplished in or out of court, and bankruptcy matters. Our lawyers represent debtors and creditors, as well as Chapter 7 and 11 trustees, committees, and liquidating trusts. Our experience involves a variety of industries and includes the representation of businesses, large and small, and high net worth individuals. In addition to reorganization and bankruptcy matters, Sands Anderson lawyers provide services in commercial collections and creditor remedies.
Our Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights team draws upon the extensive experience available in other practices in the firm — such as securities, intellectual property, and tax — to deepen the legal support you receive.
Our team provides the following services:
- Creditors’, equity and special committee representation in bankruptcy cases
- Creditor’s suits
- Debt restructuring and reorganizations
- Debtor-in-possession financing
- Fraudulent conveyance claims
- Lease defaults and enforcement of remedies
- Mechanic’s liens
- Preference claims
- Secured transactions
- Tax sales
- Use of cash collateral
- Receiverships, federal and state
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Insolvency-related litigation involving both jury and non-jury trials
- Liquidating trusts in bankruptcy cases
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Trustees
Clients We’ve Supported
We have represented an array of clients in major bankruptcy proceedings throughout the United States, including:
- Alpha Natural Resources
- Circuit City
- Consolidated Freightways
- FasMart Convenience Stores
- Health Diagnostic Laboratory (HDL)
- James River Coal
- Movie Gallery
- National Waste Services of Virginia
- Neogenix Oncology
- Patriot Coal
- Penn Virginia
- Pier 1
- Pillowtex Corp.
- Solutia, Inc.
- Toys “R” Us