Sands Anderson can serve your legal needs with steadfast, thorough and attentive guidance in all aspects of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights law.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in both financial reorganizations, whether accomplished in or out of court, and bankruptcy matters, in which our lawyers represent both debtors and creditors, as well as Chapter 7 and 11 trustees, committees and liquidating trusts. These representations have involved a variety of industries and have extended to the representation of corporations, large and small, limited liability companies, partnerships and high net worth individuals. In addition, Sands Anderson lawyers also provide services in commercial collections and creditor remedies.
Our Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights team draws upon the extensive experience available in other practices in the firm — such as securities, intellectual property, and tax — to deepen the legal support you receive to address the problems faced by a client.
Our team provides the following services:
- Creditor’s Suits
- Debt Restructuring and Reorganizations (in and out of court)
- Debtor-in-Possession Financing
- Fraudulent Conveyance Claims
- Lease Defaults and Enforcement of Remedies
- Liquidations (in and out of court)
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Preference Claims
- Secured Transactions
- Tax Sales
- Use of Cash Collateral
- Receiverships, federal and state
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Insolvency-related litigation involving both jury and non-jury trials
- Creditors’ and equity committees in bankruptcy cases
- Liquidating trusts in bankruptcy cases
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Trustees
Clients We’ve Supported
We have represented an array of clients in major bankruptcy proceedings throughout the United States, including:
- Air Atlanta Airlines
- Alpha Natural Resources
- Avianca Airlines
- Camellia Foods
- Circuit City
- Consolidated Freightways
- FasMart Convenience Stores
- Health Diagnostic Laboratory (HDL)
- James River Coal
- Movie Gallery
- National Waste Services of Virginia
- Neogenix Oncology
- Patriot Coal
- Penn Virginia
- Pillowtex Corp.
- Solutia, Inc.
- Trans World Airlines