Published on: 3/01/2015
Sands Anderson attorneys regularly present at local, regional and national conferences and meetings throughout the year. Below is a list of speaking engagements scheduled through June 2015. This list will be updated as events are added.
March 10, 2015
Bradford A. King will present, “Special Education Law in Virginia: The Basics, Trends, and New Developments” for Virginia CLE in Charlottesville, Virginia and as a webinar.
March 20, 2015
Jeffrey H. Geiger and Cullen D. Seltzer will present, “Client Confidentiality in the Social Media Age Spring Symposium,” hosted at the University of Richmond by the Virginia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and the University of Richmond Law School Council.
March 30, 2015
Andrew R. McRoberts will present the seminar, “The Legal Foundations of Planning and Zoning: An Introduction to Zoning,” to the 34th Board of Zoning Appeals Program, which is a part of Virginia Tech’s Land Use Education Program through Plan Virginia, in Richmond, Virginia.
April 10, 2015
Ruth T. Griggs will present “It’s a Brave New World for Midlevel Providers” at the 2015 Spring Program of the Virginia Chapter of the American Society of Healthcare Risk Managers (VASHRM) in Charlottesville, Virginia.
April 18, 2015
Roy M. Terry, Jr. will be moderating the session, “Using Technology Effectively: Strategies for Courtroom Success,” at the American Bankruptcy Institute’s 33rd Annual Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C.
April 20, 2015
Andrew R. McRoberts will present the seminar, “The Legal Foundations of Planning and Zoning: An Introduction to Zoning,” to the 84th Certified Planning Commissioner Program, which is a part of Virginia Tech’s Land Use Education Program through Plan Virginia, in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
April 23-25, 2015
Several of Sands Anderson’s attorneys will be presenting at the Local Government Attorneys Association’s 2015 Spring Conference in Reston, Virginia.
- Phyllis C. Katz will co-present “Mediation and Settlement of Employment Disputes.”
- Jeffery H. Geiger will serve on a panel presenting, “A Toolbox for Defending Against Inverse Condemnation Claims.”
- Bradford A. King will serve on a panel presenting, “Federal Investigations into Local School Divisions.”
- Michelle L. Warden will serve on a panel presenting, “Body Cameras — Their Use in Policing” and Phyllis C. Katz will moderate.
- Andrew R. McRoberts will serve on a panel presenting, “The MCTRA — Not Getting Called for a Foul by Going Over the Shot Clock of Section 6409: Requirements Affecting Local Governments Relating to Existing Telecommunications Towers.”
April 30, 2015
Christopher K. Jones will co-present a Richmond Bar Association sponsored CLE, “Trying Personal Injury Cases in General District Court – No Longer the Wild, Wild West.” The presentation will cover trying personal injury cases in General District Court, with a particular emphasis on aspects of personal injury litigation unique to that forum.
May 7, 2015
Robert B. “Chip” Delano, Jr. will present “Preservation of Error for appeals to the Supreme Court of Virginia” at spring meeting of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys’ Appellate Advocacy section in Staunton.
Michael R. Bedsaul will present “Don’t Throw in the Kitchen Sink: Strategies for Successful Disciplinary Action,” to the Virginia League of Social Services Executives (VLSSE) in Williamsburg, Virginia.
May 13, 2015
A group of Sands Anderson attorneys will be presenting at the Virginia Society of CPAs Business & Industry Conference in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Faith A. Alejandro and Nicole S. Cheuk will present, “Personnel Manual — What to Include to Protect Your Company.” They will discuss best practices related to a company’s personnel manual and what needs to be included to protect the company.
- Michael T. Marr will present, “Running a Business in the Digital Age: Things Have Changed, But Not at All.” He will be speaking on three areas influenced by the continuing advancements in the digital age: (i) hiring and firing decisions, (ii) document retention and destruction, and (iii) the intersection of the First Amendment and commercial speech on the internet.
May 14, 2015
Roy M. Terry will participate on a panel at the Richmond Bankruptcy Bar’s Annual Meeting, on “Show Us the Money: Attorney Fees in Bankruptcy,” which addresses attorneys’ fees issues for both debtors and creditors in consumer bankruptcy cases.
May 16, 2015
Andrew R. McRoberts will participate in the presentation, “Threats to Conservation from Linear Infrastructure,” with the Piedmont Environmental Council’s president, Chris Miller, at the PEC’s event, “A Meeting at Annadale Farm: Making a Difference, From the Ground Up.”
May 19, 2015
J. David Carroll will present, ““Key things to know about Buy Sell Agreements” to the Richmond Chapter of Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants as a part of their Chapter Meeting and CPE in Glen Allen.
May 26, 2015
Phyllis C. Katz and Nicole S. Cheuk will be presenting, “Ten Things You Must Know About Forming and Operating a Nonprofit,” at a statewide conference hosted by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs.
May 29, 2015
Two of the firm’s land use attorneys will be presenting at the day 2015 LUEP Legal Seminar in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Ann Neil Cosby will present “Fracking in Virginia: Comp Plan and Land Use Ordinance Considerations.”
- Andrew R. McRoberts will participate on a panel presenting, “Eminent Domain and Private Property Rights in Virginia: Clarity or Confusion.”
June 5, 2015
Bradford A. King and Nicole S. Cheuk will present on the Office of Civil Rights Investigations at the Virginia School Board Association 2015 School Law Conference.
June 12, 2015
Terrence L. Graves serves as the chair of the DRI committee planning and presenting “Defending Trucking Litigation: A primer for young lawyers” in Chicago, Illinois. The primer is designed to teach young lawyers and those new to trucking defense how to choose, work with, depose and prepare experts for depositions in the context of a trucking case.
About Sands Anderson PC
Founded in 1842, Sands Anderson PC provides innovative legal solutions to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region with top-tier attorneys. Our firm represents businesses, healthcare providers, financial institutions, state and local governments, the insurance industry, and individuals from our five offices located throughout Virginia and North Carolina. Sands Anderson’s shareholders are committed to providing an innovative and inclusive workplace for our lawyers and staff, as well as supporting the economic growth of communities where we operate.
Visit https://www.sandsanderson.com for more information.