Liz White, our Community Associations team leader, is co-presenting Rentals in Your HOA or Condo Getting You Down? What HOA Boards Need to Know About Regulating Rentals, on April 24, 2019, from 2:00 – 3:00 PM.
HOAleader.com, a national online publication for homeowner associations, is hosting this webinar. Liz contributes to HOAleader.com and has presented multiple webinars through the site.
- What to know about rentals in HOAs: Is it true they can lower property values? Or is that just an urban myth perpetuated by stuffy, get-off-my-lawn-type owners?
- The pros and cons of creating rental restrictions in your community, including the biggie: How do we enforce it?
- Factors to consider when you evaluate whether your HOA needs a change in policy—whether it’s going from a no-rental plan to permitting rentals or the other way around
- What you need to know about the booming business of short-term rentals by homeowners
- Provisions to include in a rental policy to ensure it’s reasonable and enforceable
- Best practices for educating your community on your proposed rental policy so you can actually get it passed
- How to monitor your owners’ activities to ensure they’re not violating your policy
- Tips to make enforcement less daunting, time-consuming, and contentious, including smart ideas for fines that will deter and punish abusers
- And much more!
Liz leads our firm’s national Community Associations industry team and works in our Williamsburg, Virginia office. She is widely regarded as a thought leader in this industry and is a frequent speaker at CAI (Community Association Institute) events on topics relating to community association law. She is a regular contributor to publications such as www.HOAleader.com. Liz teaches a class on community association law at William and Mary Law School, which is the only one of its kind in Virginia and one of only a handful nationwide.
Liz is co-presenting the webinar with David Firmin, managing partner at Altitude Community Law PC.