Liz White, our Community Associations team leader, is co-presenting How to Protect Yourself and HOA from the Neighborhood Sociopath, on October 19, 2017.
HOAleader.com, a national online publication for homeowner associations, is hosting this webinar. Liz contributes to HOAleader.com and has presented this webinar several times. It remains one of their most popular topics.
- The basics about sociopaths and persons with antisocial personality disorder and why their behavior is particularly destructive in a community association
- Common types of sociopaths, along with what motivates them
- The sociopaths you may encounter as a board member based on real-life examples, such as an owner who’s a member of a sovereign citizens movement and doesn’t recognize any authority, including your HOA
- Tips to help you tackle the difficult task of identifying sociopaths, whether they’re owners or fellow board members
- Practical information to help you respond constructively to the actions of sociopaths you can’t ignore, including things you should be especially concerned about in dealing with sociopaths
- Information you can use to protect yourself and your HOA
- And much more!
Liz leads our firm’s national Community Associations industry team and works in our Williamsburg, Virginia office. She is widely regarded as a thought leader in this industry and is a frequent speaker at CAI (Community Association Institute) events on topics relating to community association law. She is a regular contributor to publications such as www.HOAleader.com. Liz teaches a class on community association law at William and Mary Law School, which is the only one of its kind in Virginia and one of only a handful nationwide.
Liz is co-presenting the webinar with Timothy O’Connor who is the regional executive director at FirstService Residential in Williamsburg.